Today is the second day of the newly imposed strict restrictions across the country to reduce corona infections. Severe conditions began at 8 am on Friday (July 23). Restrictions will remain in force until midnight on August 5. If anyone goes out of the house without urgent need at this time, he will be taken under punishment. During the restrictions, people are instructed to be vigilant, wear masks and follow hygiene rules. State Minister for Public Administration Farhad Hossain said the limits would be stricter than before. Along with the police, members of the BGB and the army are on the ground to enforce the ban.
On July 13, the Cabinet Division imposed restrictions. In that order, the rules were relaxed from midnight on July 14 to 8 am on July 23 due to Eid. However, in the announcement, new strict restrictions were imposed from 8 am on July 23.
On Friday, the first day of strict restrictions, 403 people were arrested in Dhaka. According to the Dhaka Metropolitan Police (DMP), they were arrested for disobeying the lockdown and moving around unnecessarily. At that time, 203 people were fined Tk 1 lakh 26 thousand 270 through the mobile court.
What is in the imposed restraining order
1) All government, semi-government, autonomous, and private offices will be closed.
2) Public transport (including domestic flights) and all types of vehicles will be closed on roads, railways, and waterways.
3) All shops, including shopping malls/markets, will be closed.
4) All tourist centers, resorts, community centers, and recreation centers will be closed.
5) All kinds of industries will be closed.
6) Such social wedding ceremonies (Walima), birthdays, picnics, parties, etc., political and religious traditions will be closed.
6) The Supreme Court of Bangladesh will issue necessary directions regarding the courts.
6) Bangladesh Bank / Financial Institutions Department will issue necessary instructions to ensure the services of bank-insurance / financial institutions.
9) Government employees will be in their respective workplaces and will complete the office work virtually (e-documents, e-tendering, e-mail, SMS, WhatsApp, and other means).
10) Law and order and emergency services, such as agricultural products and materials (fertilizers, seeds, pesticides, agricultural machinery, etc.), transportation/sale of food grains and foodstuffs, relief distribution, healthcare, Covid-19 vaccination, National Identity Card (NID) issuance activities, Revenue Collection Functions, Electricity, Water, Gas / Energy, Fire Service, Telephone & Internet (Public-Private), Media (Print & Electronic Media), Private Security, Postal Services, Banks, Visa Activities, City Corporations / Employees and vehicles of the municipality related to cleaning and cleaning, street light management, etc., social security programs, pharmacy, and other essential/essential products and services including pharmaceuticals will be able to travel subject to the display of institutional identity card.
11) The Finance Department will give necessary instructions to keep the office of the Accounting Officer open at the divisional, district, and Upazila levels.
12) Trucks, lorries / covered vans/vessels/freight trains/ferries engaged in the transportation of emergency goods will be exempted from the prohibition.
13. Ports (air, sea, sea, and land) and related offices shall be exempt from this prohibition.
14) Raw market and daily necessities can be traded from 9 am to 3 pm by hygiene rules. The concerned trade organization/market authority / local administration will confirm the matter.
15. You cannot go out of the house in any way except for urgent needs (purchase of medicines and daily necessities, medical services, the burial of corpses, etc.). Legal action will be taken against those who disobey the instructions.
16) You can travel for vaccination subject to the display of the vaccination card.
16) Food shops, hotels, and restaurants will sell food (online / takeaway) from 8 am to 8 pm.
16) International flights will continue, and foreign passengers will travel by car by showing their international travel tickets.
19. The Ministry of Religious Affairs will give instructions regarding prayers in the mosque following hygiene rules.
20. The Armed Forces Department will deploy the required number of troops to ensure effective patrols in the field under ‘Army in Aid to Civil Power.’ The district magistrate will confirm the matter by contacting the local army commander.
21. The District Magistrate shall hold a coordination meeting with the concerned officers at the district level and determine the jurisdiction and procedures of the Army, BGB / Coast Guard, Police, RAB, and Ansar. Also, if there is a need for special activities locally, take action on that. The concerned ministries/departments will give necessary instructions in this regard at the field level.
22. The Ministry of Public Administration shall ensure the required number of Executive Magistrates at the field level.
23. The Director-General of the Department of Health will give the district administration and the police force the necessary powers to take legal action on his behalf.
Source: Bangla Tribune-